Saturday, 11-11-06
8 am. We normally leave the house at 8:30 on Saturdays, but this week we left 30 minutes earlier. Clearwater was hosting the Ironman 70.3 (half an Ironman) on Saturday, and the bike portion followed many of the streets that we take to gymnastics. We left early to work our way around the road closures.
10 am. After Maia's gymnastics, we spent a few minutes watching the bike racing. All of the riders were riding as individuals, not on teams, so there was no strategy, no pelaton. Someday I want to see the symphany of a world class bicyling team in person.
Just as well, as we were already late for our neighbor's 5th birthday party! Again, we had to work our way around road closures to get to the party in Tampa. We got to the party in time to jump in the bouncy house, eat pizza and cake and see the gifts get opened. Poor Kiana: the 3 yo girls thought she was their personal, living doll and wouldn't leave her alone.
12 noon. Since we were already in Tampa, we decided to find the store that sells the hair piece Maia needs for her role in the Nutcracker. We met up with BFF Sydney and her mom Patty at the Flea Market. There's no directory, like at the mall, so we had to go up and down every aisle until we found the hair lady.
2 pm. Time to hit the road again! Maia went home with Sydney, so Kiana and I (mostly me) decided to hit Michael's for birthday party supplies. Kiana fell asleep in her carrier (thanks, Mark and Jan!) and stayed asleep the entire time I was in the store. Michaels was next to Hallmark, so we went there next and picked up some Christmas supplies.
3:45 pm. Kiana's feeling good, but hungry. Stop at Taco Bell. Yes, Kiana eats tacos. In fact, she eats just about everything I eat, and more than Maia eats. She doesn't know that she's not supposed to like lettuce or raw tomatoes.
5 pm. Exit the drug store and go to get Maia. We hang out at Syd's house for a few hours and finally Kiana gets some play time! She takes turns chasing Maia and Sydney and being chased by them.
7 pm. Kiana is doing so well I decide to cram one more stop into our day: the MALL. It's time for Kiana to get her first pair of walkers and I'm a firm believer in StrideRites. Syd and Patty decided to come along and join us for dinner in the Food Court.
8 pm. After a plate of teriyaki chicken and steamed veggies, we headed off to the StrideRite. The place was packed, so the girls played with scattered toys while we waited our turn. By the time it was Kiana's turn to have her foot measured, she had a stinky diaper. The family restroom was on the other side of the mall, so the clerk was just going to have to deal with it! As soon as we put the shoes on her feet, Kiana started screaming unconsolably!
8:30 pm. Headed to the family restroom with a screaming baby, but not fast enough. About half way there Kiana throws up all over me! I have to take off my sweater and use it to wipe the big stuff off. Thank goodness for the family center: cleaner counters and a a whole row of wipe warmers! Not only am I able to clean up the baby, but I leave the place nearly presentable!
8:40 pm. We're not done yet! I had promised Maia that she could buy a pair of Healys (sneakers with a retractable wheel in the heal) with her birthday money (thanks, Poppy and Mormor!). Luckily, the Healy store is next to the door where we parked. Healys in hand, we make it to the car by 9:55.
10:20 pm. Kids are in bed and I'm in clean clothes!
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment